Priority: Not Evaluated
Resolution: Out of scope
Affects Version/s: 4.6.2
Fix Version/s: None
Qt 4.6.2 in Nokia Qt SDK Beta, with MADDE.
N900 with firmware version 10.2010.16-7
Qt 4.6.2 on the device, embedded PR 1.2 version.
There seems to be a problem with the network connection on Maemo 5 - N900 device. While using QNetworkAccessManager works fine when the device is already connected to the network (be that wi-fi or 3G), when the device is offline (setting "Always ask").
When that happens, the replyFinished() slot is emitted immediately, even before the native connection dialog is popped up. Also, the error(QNetworkReply::NetworkError) is emitted immediately.The error code varies; a majority of the time it's 3 (Host not found), and some times 99.
Reproducing the issue:
1) Go to your N900 Internet Settings, and mark "Always ask" as the network connection option.
2) Build the attached project for N900 on Nokia Qt Beta SDK and run it on the device.
3) Click "Go" and choose a network connection from the list.
4) You will notice that "Reply Error 3" has been appended to the plain text editor, signalling "Host not found". Also, a "replyFinished" message is displayed, indicating that the content of the QNetworkReply is empty.
5) Clicking "Go" again (when the device is already connected) has the expected result: no errors and the Google.com HTML being displayed in the text field.
Please also find attached a screenshot of the issue.