- In order to use QML 3D to effectively manage resources, improve performance, and correctly use 3D model files,
- As a Qt application developer working with QML,
- I want to directly create, modify, and render the 3D scenegraph and 3D models within it, from within my QML application code.
- Nodes and trees are generally interchangeable (A tree is just a collection of nodes connected by parent/child relationships)
- Anywhere that we reference meshes or textures, we do not duplicate that data unless necessary (copy on write)
- Syntax will have to be modified and framework level code written or modified to support this in the QML 3D
- Syntax changes and usage should follow as far as possible existing 2D QML
- So, for example, the Item3D element may be written standalone (that is without an enclosing Viewport item)
- Where possible short-hand syntax for common uses should be provided
- Currently as well as specifying Translation2D? we can also just set the x or y property
Three key problems addressed by this epic/theme are:
- Speed of rendering
- Efficient use of storage (sharing objects, etc).
- Usability (closing known gaps in the coverage of QML usage scenarios in 3D).