[Comment moved over from QT-588]
The following is a list of classes that were stubbed during the research project, or where the QWS version was reused with minor ifdef's. These classes should be made more generic so that porting Qt to a new platform requires less to be stubbed in the future:
- Generic clipboard implementations: single-process in-memory, cross-process using a QLocalSocket.
- QSound system implementation.
- QCursor default implementation.
- QColormap default implementation.
- Generic font engine manager.
- Generic QKeyMapper.
- QPaintDevice platform specifics.
Other potential spin-offs:
- Clean up the configure script. Should be more feature based: "use default clipboard" rather than "uses default clipboard only because it is QWS or Lite".
- Input methods.