Create a test suite for CSS Fonts Module Level 3 – W3C Working Draft and be able to report test results for Maemo and Symbian platforms.
QtWebKit customers inside Nokia expect to use CSS downloadable fonts in their Web Applications. They want to know how well these features are supported by QtWebKit across the different Qt target platforms so that can make informed choices about which features to use
The web runtime test team has agreed to to provide testing resources but stated that they want to organize the testing and verification WebKit features according to W3C or WebKit specifications This approach has the benefit of organizing the testing and verification efforts in step with the standardization process. There are a number of challenges with this approach including:
- the W3C specification may exist, but not be in sync with the current WebKit implementation
- the W3C specification may be a moving target, and may be changing in incompatible ways
Given these challenges, our test team will need to:
- Start creating test content using a given specification
- review the test coverage provided in the layout tests
- work with the development team to understand difference between the spec and webkit implementation
- iteratively develop test content for each specification,using customer input to prioritize which features to test first.
- Update the test suites, as the specification evolves